Two Important Notices
After 19 years in clinic, I’ve decided to take a sabbatical (time away from full-time clinic from November 2019 for an indefinite period. But rest assured I will be back).
However, I will be working in clinic one evening a week and alternate Saturday mornings only. Spaces are very limited with a 3 - 5 week waiting list.
As of Thursday 14th May New Zealand will be at level 2: click here for more details.
What does this mean for this clinic?
Prior to your appointment:
- Your contact details will be updated.
- The day prior to your appointment you'll be asked 4 questions to determine whether it is safe for me to treat you (this will be sent via email with a reminder text).
- Upon arrival at the clinic you will be asked to please wash your hands with soap and water for at least 30 seconds.
- I will wear a mask throughout the consultation and treatment.
- You may choose to wear a mask.
- I will adhere to strict hygiene rules:
- washing my hands.
- use hand sanitizer.
- disinfect all contact surfaces before and after.
- the table will be vinyl (not the usual cotton towels) and disinfected before and after each treatment.
- alcohol swabbing of Acupuncture point locations.
Another difference will be:
- Acupuncture, moxa, heat-lamp will still be available for use as treatment (including tongue and pulse diagnosis).
- To reduce physical contact: Chinese massage/gentle manipulation techniques will not be part of the treatment at level 2.
- This only leaves me offering Acupuncture, moxa, heat-lamp, and Chinese Herbs at level 2.
Thank you for your patience.
Kind Regards, Philip
Prior to COVID-19 my services included the following
Treatments may include any or a combination of the following
- TuiNa (gentle or firm Chinese medical massage)
- Moxa (smokeless)
- Chinese patent herbal
With 19 years clinical experience and 14 years teaching at the NZ School of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Philip’s gentle and unique blend of Acupuncture and TuiNa (Chinese medical massage), and when appropriate patent Chinese herbal formulas are his strength for many conditions. See more about Philip…