Two Important Notices Updated: October 2020
After 19 years in clinic, I’ve decided to take a sabbatical (time away from full-time clinic. But rest assured I will be back).
I am not taking new clients.
However, I will be working alternate Saturday mornings only. Spaces are very limited with a 5 - 8 week waiting list.
New Zealand is currently at level 1: click here for more details.
What does this mean for this clinic?
Prior to your appointment:
- Your contact details will be updated.
- The day prior to your appointment you'll receive an automatic text message as a reminder and as an opportunity reply if you are experiencing covid like symptoms.
- Upon arrival at the clinic please sanitize your hands (gel supplied)
- I will adhere to the usual strict hygiene:
- washing my hands.
- use hand sanitizer.
- disinfect all contact surfaces before and after.
- the table will be single towel (used once then soaked in janola: clean towel for each client, including pillow-case).
- alcohol swabbing of Acupuncture point locations.
Another difference will be:
- Physical contact: Chinese massage/gentle manipulation techniques will be a minimal part of the treatment at level 1.
- At level 2: acupuncture, moxa, heat-lamp, stationary cupping, and electro-acupuncture will still be available for use as treatment (including tongue and pulse diagnosis).
General and COVID-19 hygiene protocols:
Thank you for your patience.
Kind Regards, Philip
Prior to COVID-19 my services included the following
Treatments may include any or a combination of the following
- TuiNa (gentle or firm Chinese medical massage)
- Moxa (smokeless)
- Chinese patent herbal
With 19 years clinical experience and 14 years teaching at the NZ School of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Philip’s gentle and unique blend of Acupuncture and TuiNa (Chinese medical massage), and when appropriate patent Chinese herbal formulas are his strength for many conditions. See more about Philip…