Philip Jameson – Acupuncture Wellington MHSc.Acup., Dip.Mus., Adv.TCM Cert.China, Registered with AcNZ, ACC Registered.
Philip is a member of the New Zealand register of Acupuncturists (AcNZ). He has 20 years clinical practice including one year post-graduate studying in central China at the Wuhan Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital (which included teaching English), and 14 years of teaching at the NZ School of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) in Wellington.
Clinical experience includes:
- 2001 – present in clinical practice
- 1 year postgraduate intern at the Wuhan Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital, China
- 10 years working within Osteopathic clinics in Wellington (Wgtn), New Zealand
- 3 years working at the Wgtn Peoples’ Resource Centre, New Zealand
- 14 years as clinical supervisor at the Wgtn School of Acupuncture, New Zealand
- 5 years as clinical coordinator at the Wgtn School of Acupuncture, New Zealand
- From 2006 – present: private online mentor to postgraduates of the NZ School of Acupuncture
In December 2017 Philip completed his Masters of Acupuncture. This was 3 years part-time study. The first 2 years included muscular skeletal topics, while the 3rd year Philip focused on research on the topic of mentoring post-graduate students of acupuncture as they enter and settle into the profession.
His initial four years of full-time study was completed in 2001 and upgraded with another year (part-time study) to a BHSc.Acup. at the NZ School of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Acupuncture. This involved acupuncture, Tui na (Chinese medical massage and gentle manipulation), Chinese herbs (patent formulas), Western anatomy, physiology and basic pharmacology.
The Future of Acupuncture and TCM in New Zealand
- Philip held the position on the Council of AcNZ as representative to ACC 2019 – 2020
- In 2018 he developed the mentoring program for AcNZ.
December 2017: the needs and expectations of new graduate Acupuncturists in New Zealand were identified. Interviews with mentors, mentoring program designers and trainers in Australia and the UK were interviewed to best understand their processes, opinions and experiences. The results of this research formed Philip’s thesis to be used as a guidance for the New Zealand Acupuncture profession. Click here to view pdf of thesis.
For 14 years on the faculty at the NZ School of Acupuncture and TCM teaching: TCM theory, TCM diagnostics theories and practical application, correlation from western medical diagnostics to Chinese medical theory and application, clinical coordinator, and clinical supervision, the basics of small business management, and ACC provider conduct and processes.
“It is my commitment to acknowledge both TCM [Acupuncture] alongside Western Medicine and other appropriate Allied Health modalities that together may support, monitor or better your health”.